Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Early College Programs

Early College Programs provide eligible high school students the opportunity to earn college credit that can be applied towards certificates, associate degrees and/or transfer requirements to a four-year college/university.

Types of Early College Opportunities

  • The Dual Enrollment Program provides high school students in grades 9th - 12th the opportunity to enroll in College of the Canyons courses taught during the regular high school day by college faculty at participating high schools.


  • The College NOW! & Concurrent Enrollment Programs provide high school students in grades 11th & 12th the opportunity to enroll in College of the Canyons courses taught outside of the regular high school day, on the high school campus during the fall/spring semesters (College NOW!) and/or at one of the College of the Canyons campuses during the fall/spring semesters and winter/summer terms (Concurrent Enrollment).

    Note: College NOW! courses for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 will be offered on the COC Valencia and Canyon Country campuses. You can search the college class schedule by using the "course format" search option and selecting "College NOW" from the menu. 


  • An articulated high school course is one in which determination has been made between College and High School faculty that a course offered at the High School level is comparable to a specific community college course. College of the Canyons and the William S. Hart Union High School District have a number of articulated courses. 

    For a list of current articulated courses between College of the Canyons and William S. Hart Union High School District, please click here.

    To receive credit for your articulated course(s), please download the Petition for High School Articulation form. 

    Complete all fields on the form and the items listed under the Articulation Checklist section before submitting.

    Submit the Petition for High School Articulation form by either: 

    • EMAIL (RECOMMENDED): Email your completed form and official transcripts to
    • IN-PERSON: Submit your form to Admissions & Records in-person on the Valencia or Canyon Country campus.

    For questions or support in completing the form, please contact Early College Programs.


High school seniors! Are you planning to attend College of the Canyons after graduation? Click here!


First time students can receive their first two years of college tuition free with the Canyons Promise Program. Click here to learn more!